The e-fix is a power assist unit for wheelchairs that allows for motorized propulsion. It can convert almost any wheelchair into a motorized wheelchair which will allow you to cover long distances quickly and easily without needing to buy a power chair. Unlike a power chair, a wheelchair with an e-fix conversion remains highly portable and fold-able. Conversion is easy; swap in the hub motored drive wheels then install the battery pack and control unit. Almost all current manual wheelchairs on the market can be retrofitted with the e-fix and the wheelchair still remains fold-able.
Why Convert your Wheelchair
Keep the wheelchair in which you are comfortable. With the e-fix you can adapt your wheelchair to your environment. E-fix power drives can help you get over rough terrain or long distances with ease and switch back to manual mode whenever you want. Upgrade the wheelchair you know and keep the lifestyle you want.
Power chairs can be an extra expense that is not utilized especially when transitions between manual and motorized propulsion are wanted. If you own a sport wheelchair you may want a power assist on the chair to get you through long commutes after a game. With the e-fix you'll still be able to switch back to manual mode quickly.
If your institution has riders that need to self-propel and those who need manual then the e-fix can accommodate both by easily switching between the two modes. A power assisted wheelchair can help make rider's lives easier.
There is no need for a heavy, bulky power wheelchair. E-fix allows you to have a lightweight power wheelchair that is easy to manage and transport. All of the parts are lightweight and make this a great chair for caretakers who have to take a wheelchair in and out of a car.
- Drive Wheels
- Multiple size: 24"
- Hub wheel contains motor, brakes, clutch and gears
- Quick release wheels can be disengaged for manual propulsion
- Joystick Control Unit
- Control dial adjusts speed
- Back-lit LCD display shows battery capacity and diagnostic codes
- 14 programmable parameters - key activated, no separate programmer needed
- Battery Charger
- Automatic charge and loads electronics
- Control indicator lights
- Automatically adapts to different input voltages
- Battery Pack
- About 10-15 miles per charge depending on model, terrain, and weight of occupant
- Easy to remove. Two mounting options available: metal tray or Velcro pouch
- Durable plastic housing with integrated carry handle
- Brackets and Power Interface Unit
- Brackets available for almost any wheelchair and are fairly easy to install
- Power is connected when wheel is plugged into axle mounted brackets
- Power interface unit is integrated into the battery pack
||TiLIte Aero X S2
|Front Seat Height
|Rear Seat Height
||Fixed Angle, Adjustable Height
|Seat to Footrest
||Stainless Quick Release
|2 x 12 V; 12 Ah
|Battery charger (input)
||90 - 240 V AC
|Battery charger (output)
||29 V DC
||2 x 110 W
||restricted to wheelchair model
|Range per single charge
||up to 9.95 miles
|max. permitted total weight
30-Day Warranty From Open Box Medical
If for some reason you are encountering problems with the medical equipment you purchased, you must first contact us by calling (818) 896-8772. If the purchased item is being used within our service area, we will schedule an appointment to send out a repair technician as soon as possible to diagnose the issue, and determine whether it can be fixed or not. If the item is not in our service area, depending on the location, we will either be able to send out a repair technician or have you ship the item back to us. The warranty is void if the item's ownership is transferred to a new owner, damaged due to misuse, accident, normal wear and tear, or if the equipment is used in any way that would void the original warranty offered by the manufacturer. For more information about our warranty, please contact us by calling (818) 896-8772 during our normal business hours.